How to set up my DYMO 4XL LabelWriter printer on my Mac?
Here are the steps to successfully configure your new DYMO 4XL LabelWriter printer with a Mac computer.
Once you've connected the printer to your Mac, you can immediately add it to the Printer & Scanner System Preferences. You may need to install the DYMO LabelWriter 4XL driver as it is not pre-installed on MacOS.
- Connect the printer to your MAC
Connect the DYMO 4XL LabelWriter printer to your computer with the USB cable.
- Download the latest DYMO Label driver
- Click on the following link and download the latest driver for Mac from the Support tab on the official DYMO website:
DYMO Label ™ Software v8.7.5, Mac ®
- Install the DYMO Label driver
Continue the DYMO Label driver installation process until the end.
- Add the DYMO 4XL printer to your printers.
Open "System Preferences".
Open "Scanners and Printers."
Click on the "+" sign to add a new printer.
Select the "DYMO LabelWriter 4xl" printer.
From now on, your DYMO 4xl LabelWriter printer will show up on your printers.
- Set the printer defaults in CUPS.
do click here to open your printer settings in CUPS.
You can also enter by copying and pasting the following link in the URL field and press enter:
http: // localhost: 631 / printers
If your computer does not have CUPS enabled, a message will appear that says "Web Interface is Disabled. The web interface is currently disabled. Run" cupsctl WebInterface = yes "to enable it" , or something like the following image you must enable them follow the following steps:
If you had no problem, continue to the next bullet.
Follow the next steps:
1. Open "Terminal"
2. Copy and paste the following command into the terminal and hit enter.
cupsctl WebInterface = yes
3. Close the "Terminal" application
Four. Click here
- Once inside CUPS, you have to follow the following steps.
From the list of printers, click on "DYMO_LabelWriter_4XL"
A screen like the following will open:
Click on "Administration" and select "Default Options"
Make sure you have the following options as shown in the following image:
Media Size: 1744907 4 in x 6 in
Continuous Paper: Disabled
Halftoning: Error Diffusion
Print Density: Normal
Print Quality: Barcodes and Graphics
Once you have selected these options, click on "Set Default Options"
When you click on "Set Default Options" it will ask you for your computer access to be able to modify the default printing options for the DYMO 4XL.
Here you must enter your Mac administrator Username and Password. In order to continue it is necessary to enter these credentials. If you don't know what they are, follow the next steps.
1. Open "System Preferences"
2. Go to "Users and Groups"
3. On the left side, are all the users registered on your computer. Identify which one is labeled "Admin". This is the user that must be entered in "User". The password is the same as the one the administrator logs in with when turning on the computer.
4. Once you have entered the credentials, a message will be displayed that the modifications have been made successfully.
Clever! Now we only need the last step, which is to change the format in which the guides are generated in Envia.com. Click here to view the manual.